2019 MEMORY WALL POSTER PROJECT
Please take a few minutes to read this ENTIRE page! Every attempt has been made to include EVERYTHING you need to know about the Memory Wall Project for Project Grad! This is a fun tradition that involves SECRET posters that parents of graduating seniors create for their child using memorable and/or funny photos. These posters are then hung on a fence inside CrackerJax which creates the “Memory Wall.” The Memory Wall is a popular spot at the party! PLEASE – Do not disappoint your graduate by not participating!
The posters are a SURPRISE for your senior. DO NOT let them see the poster!
ALL POSTERS NEED TO BE DELIVERED TO ONE OF THE DROP OFF LOCATIONS BELOW BY SUNDAY, MAY 12TH. AFTER THIS DATE, POSTERS MUST BE BROUGHT TO BROPHY OR XAVIER. PLEASE RESPECT THESE DEADLINES, THANK YOU. AS NOTED IN THESE INSTRUCTIONS, WE WILL COLLECT ALL POSTERS FROM BROPHY AND XAVIER AT NOON ON FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2019. PLEASE RESPECT THIS DEADLINE AND GET YOUR POSTER DELIVERED ON TIME.
Replacement poster boards are available for a $5 donation to Project Graduation. Please contact Monique Ashton if you need another one.
We cannot guarantee the return of your Memory Wall poster, but volunteers will encourage the graduates to take them home at the end of the evening (and most do).
DON’T FORGET: Make a color copy of your poster before you laminate it so you’ll have an extra copy. Many graduates take their poster to college and hang it in their dorms. It’s nice to have a second one around the house when you’re missing your college freshman.
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!
- Gather your photos: baby pictures, elementary and high school pictures, family pictures, etc., and perhaps a note or two from you.
- Make color copies of your photos on plain printer or copier paper. Do not use original photos or photo paper! Photo paper causes the poster to bubble when laminated.
- Make your poster: arrange the color copies of your photos on the poster board we’ve enclosed in any way you choose. Cut them up to make a collage, write notes between the photos, just have fun! Use a glue stick or mod podge to attach your photos and notes to the pre-printed side of the enclosed poster board. All posters will be hung VERTICALLY, so please plan accordingly.
- Write your graduate’s name on the line at the bottom of the poster. Please also write their name and address on the back of the poster. This will help to ensure that the posters are returned.
- Make a copy of your poster. You will keep this copy in case the other somehow does not make it home!! Take your poster to a printer such as FedEx Kinkos or AlphaGraphics and ask them to make a SECOND COPY of your original poster. Do this before laminating (Step No 6)!
- **Laminate the original and the copy of your poster. Ask your printer to laminate both posters so that you have two. Please do not forget this step as the posters will be stacked, sorted, hung and grabbed.
- Deliver your original laminated poster to one of the drop off sites listed at the end of these instructions. KEEP THE COPIED POSTER!!!! A box or basket will be set out at these locations for this purpose. Please be sure to write your address on the back of this poster. YOU’RE DONE AND YOUR GRADUATE WILL BE THRILLED!
Thank you so much for taking time to make this a special night for your graduate!
**Non-Custodial parents: A Shared Posters or Two Posters are fine. Contact Monique Ashton or go to XCP attendance office or BCP reception desk at Romley Hall for additional poster (no donation requested).
Beginning Tuesday, April 23rd, you may bring you completed memory board to one of the drop off locations below, or to:
Brophy: Reception Desk in Romley Hall
Xavier: Attendance Office
320 E Northview Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85020
DROP OFF LOCATIONS
Drop Boxes will be placed by the front door of these homes until Sunday, May 12, 2019:
2715 N 144th Drive
Goodyear, AZ 85395
1301 W Frier Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85021
4426 E. Desert Trumpet Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85044
8532 E Wood Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
2703 E. Gelding Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85032
9821 N. 60th PL
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253